School Immunization Reminder
It’s very important to get your student vaccinated with the Tdap and second varicella immunizations. This must be done by May 30, 2022. If your student does not have these shots on file, they will not get a class schedule for Turlock Junior High / Dutcher Middle School at Round-Up in August. Your student will not be allowed to attend school until they are compliant. If your child receives the shots during the summer months, please take the proof to the District Office Student Services, 1574 E. Canal Drive in WW1.
As of July 1, 2019, students will NOT be admitted to TK/K-12 without the following immunizations:
These immunization requirements also apply to students entering transitional kindergarten. California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization.
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.)
For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses (3 doses okay if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses (not required for 7th-grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses