Skip To Main Content

Complaint Procedures

How to File a Formal Complaint

Turlock Unified School District believes that the quality of the education program can improve when the district listens to concerns, considers differences of opinion, and resolves disagreements and complaints through an established, objective process.

This page contains information about how to file a formal complaint at the District level. It does not address the process for resolving problems at the school site level. In general, if you have a concern about a particular school site, it is almost always best to raise that concern with the principal or vice-principal. (If you don’t know how to reach the appropriate person at the school site level, please contact Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer Gil Ogden at and he can help direct you to the right person. If you are not satisfied with the response at the site level, you may file a formal complaint.

The two main categories of complaints that are filed at the District level are either Uniform Complaints or Williams Complaints.

If you need help filling out a complaint, please ask an administrator at your school site, or contact the District Compliance Officer at or (209) 667-0632 Ext. 2251.

Types of Complaints

Contact Us

District Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator for Employee Affairs
Fernando Ureno, Assistant Superintendent Human Resources
1574 Canal Drive
Turlock CA 95380
(209) 667-0632 Ext. 2107
(209) 664-1157 Fax

District Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator for Student Affairs and Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Gil Ogden, Director of Student Services
1574 Canal Drive, Room WW-1
Turlock CA 95380
(209) 667-032 Ext. 2251
(209) 667-6441 Fax

Complaint Forms

Board Policies