Skip to main content

Williams Complaint Procedures

State law requires notices be posted in each classroom in the district and complaint forms be available at each school regarding whether 1) there are sufficient textbooks and instructional materials available, 2) school facilities are clean, safe, and maintained in good repair, 3) or teacher vacancies exist or teachers are misassigned at the school. A complaint about any of these issues is called a “Williams” complaint after the name of a statewide lawsuit alleging inadequacies in schools.  Parents/Guardians should contact their student’s school principal if the notice is not posted or to obtain a complaint form to file a formal Williams complaint. (AR 1312.4)