COVID-19 Employee Information
On January 9, 2024, the California Department of Public Health updated its COVID-19 Isolation Guidance and COVID-19 Testing Guidance. Overall, the CDPH is now prioritizing interventions for those at a higher risk of severe illness while minimizing disruptions in schools and workplaces.
"Infectious period" is redefined as:
- For symptomatic COVID-19 cases a minimum of 24 hours must pass since symptom onset. In such cases individuals may return to school/work if symptom-free for 24 hours, without fever-reducing medications, and if their symptoms are mild and improving.
- For asymptomatic cases there is no infectious period for isolation or exclusion from school/work; however, if symptoms develop, the criteria above apply.
Masking guidelines remain unchanged.
- Positive COVID-19 cases and those with respiratory symptoms should wear masks indoors for 10 days from symptom onset or positive test date (if asymptomatic). Note: CalOSHA mandates masks for employees indoors for 10 days from symptom onset or positive test date (if asymptomatic).
Updated Testing Recommendations:
CDPH no longer advises testing for all close contacts. However, testing is recommended for:
- Individuals with new COVID-19 symptoms.
- Close contacts at higher risk of severe disease or those in contact with high-risk individuals.
Potential Exposure Notification:
Per CalOSHA, TUSD will notify employees of close contacts, but we will no longer post positive case locations on the TUSD website. Please continue to notify your supervisor of a COVID-19 infection so guidance can be emailed to you by Human Resources and close contacts can be notified.