2021-2022 AP Exam Information
We are excited that your student has elected to enroll in an Advanced Placement (AP) course in an effort to challenge themselves and take advantage of the great opportunity to possibly earn college credit while in high school. AP courses are designed to provide our students with college-level rigor while still in the high school setting and prepare them for what will be expected in their post-secondary education. In order to receive college credit, students must take and pass the AP exam with a minimum score of 3 or higher, dependent upon the exam and institution they plan to attend. All students enrolled in an AP course are highly encouraged to take the AP exams for which courses they are enrolled. For specific information on earning college credit by using the AP Credit Policy Info search at www.collegeboard.com/ap/creditpolicy.
For the 2022 AP exams we will be registering students using an online program called Total Registration in order to streamline the payment and confirmation process. You must register on both Total Registration and with the College Board. Students taking AP courses should already be enrolled in the appropriate Collegeboard AP Classroom, per their instructor’s direction and join codes were provided at the start of school. Students can register on College Board here if they have not already done so.
All exams must be paid in full by the dates below in order to have your AP exam ordered. Please pay close attention to these dates, as late fees for registration and cancellation may apply.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Payment for AP exams will open on September 1, 2021. This is to be completed through Total Registration
- Tuesday, Nov 9, 2021- Registration closes. Any late registration and payment after this date will incur a $40.00 late fee per exam. Registering for an exam after November 9, 2021 will need to be completed by contacting Pitman administrator, John Acha.
- Nov 9, 2021 is also the last day to cancel an exam in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation must be done on both Collegeboard and Total Registration. $40.00 cancellation fee is charged for exams cancelled after this date.
- Saturday, Mar 5, 2022 – Registration and payment for Spring courses (Gov. and Macro) ends.
In order to pay for exams, students must go to Total Registration. Please be sure to have a credit/debit card available prior to beginning registration.
- The cost is $96 per exam
- Fee reduction information: If you believe you may qualify for a fee reduction, your parent/guardian must complete and submit the TUSD Household Family Survey packet. On Total Registration, please indicate you qualify and the system will put you on a wait list to get approval before you proceed. Once you receive an e-mail stating you are approved you can complete registration and payment. You may not complete registration until approved for the fee reduction. Upon completing the TUSD Household Family Survey packet, please turn in to the Pitman High office or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Administration will review and contact you to complete registration and payment.
If you have any further questions, please contact Pitman’s Office of Curriculum & Instruction at 209-226-6500 or e-mail John Acha, Assistant Principal, at email@example.com