Pitman – Summer Conditioning Workouts 2020
Beginning Monday, June 15, 2020, organized skills development and conditioning sessions for TUSD athletes participating in fall sports is allowed provided the following guidelines are strictly adhered to the following:
- Activities will be limited to conditioning and skills development only.
- There should be no physical contact between athletes, or between coaches and athletes, during these sessions.
- Equipment used by a single athlete is allowed, but no equipment may be shared (e.g. balls, weights, sleds, etc.). Field equipment, such as cones, agility training ladders, etc. are allowed. Coaches should take the appropriate actions to clean and sanitize equipment between each session.
- No indoor activities are allowed; all activities must be outside.
- A minimum of 6 feet of social distancing is required at all times; 10 feet or more is preferred.
- Athletes must participate in cohorts of 25 or less with a single, consistent coach during the entire conditioning session. These cohorts and coach assignments should be consistent day to day to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 should an individual become infected.
- All sessions are optional. Student-athletes will not be penalized for non-participation.
- Athletes or coaches who are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms should not attend. This includes fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, etc. Anyone exhibiting these symptoms will be sent home.
- Coaches will survey athletes at the beginning of each session to evaluate their health as well as determine any potential exposure to COVID-19.
- No loitering before or after sessions. All individuals should arrive immediately before and depart immediately after sessions.
- Athletes are to arrive dressed for activities, locker rooms will not be available.
- Only athletes and coaches will be allowed to attend sessions. No parents, spectators, or volunteers will be allowed to attend.
- Athletes are encouraged to shower before and after sessions.
- Athletes and coaches should bring their own hydration products as shared water bottles are not allowed.
- All organized skill and conditioning sessions for TUSD athletes, by TUSD coaches, operating under the auspices of TUSD athletics, must occur on TUSD facilities (with the exception of Cross Country).
Monday & Wednesday / June 22 & 24 / 4:30pm -6:30pm
Thursday / June 25 / 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Monday & Thursday / June 15-29
All Levels 8:00am-9:00am
Monday through Friday / June 15-26
Junior Varsity 9:00am-10:00am
Tuesday & Thursday / June 16-30
All Levels 7:00am-8:00am
Thursday & Thursday / July 7- 30
Boys & Girls 8:00am-10:00am
Pitman Athletic Physical Packets
- Physical Packets will be available for pick up in the front office at Pitman High School between July 6 - July 17. Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 1:00pm.
- We are tentatively working on logistics for the 19th Annual Physical Clinic date (Saturday - July 18) at the Romeo Clinic with health guidelines and social distancing in place.
- Completed physical packets can be turned in to Athletic Trainer - Markus Turner at the clinic or at Pitman High School's Athletic Training Office during the following times:
- Football Due: 7/20/20 to 7-24-20 Monday - Friday / 11:00am - 2:00pm
- All Other Sports Due: 7-27-20 to 7-30-20 Monday - Thursday / 7:00am - 2:00pm.
- Deadline for All Fall Sports: Thursday / 7-30-20
Message from the Athletic Director
Welcome to the Pitman High School Athletic Program! It’s an honor for me to serve in the role as Athletic Director - Since 2002, Pitman High School has had a rich tradition of both academic and athletic excellence.
The championship banners that hang in the Pitman High School Gymnasium are a testament to the hard work and dedication of our student-athletes and coaches as well as the support of our community. The Pitman athletic department believes that athletics teach young men and women valuable lessons and instill lifelong traits helping them to realize their goals and prepare them for their future.
The athletic program at Pitman High School is a strong, consistent and cohesive program. Under the direction of our dedicated coaching staff, I am confident our programs will continue to strive for competitive greatness.
In order for our athletic program to grow and sustain excellence, we need continued support from our community. I would personally like to invite you to our beautiful campus to attend Pitman High School athletic events throughout the year and join the Pitman High School Booster Club. We ask that you respect the integrity and judgment of game officials while assisting us in providing a positive experience for all participants.
NEVER SETTLE, NEVER QUIT, ROLL PRIDE!
John H. Pitman High School