The mission of Roselawn High School, a model alternative learning environment, is to ensure all students graduate with the skills necessary to achieve their fullest potential and to compete in a global society by providing an effective, student-centered educational program in a small, safe setting that incorporates high academic standards and collaborative partnerships with staff, families and the community.
- All students will satisfy the requirements needed to graduate from high school with a diploma.
- All students will develop and demonstrate character traits necessary to become responsible, productive members of society.
- All students will acquire the necessary skills that will assist them in achieving their post-secondary goals.
- We will design a plan to help students set and achieve challenging, personal goals.
- We will establish a program to ensure staff; families and students understand and model the district-adopted character traits.
- We will expand and ensure the effective use of programs and resources to strengthen the skills of students.
- We will develop and implement a system of communication to support collaboration among all stakeholders.
T Twenty-First Century Skills: Every student will have technology skills
- Online Learning
- Computer Applications
- Computer Literacy
R Responsibility: Every student will be accountable for academic, personal, and social responsibilities.
- Attendance and Participation
- Academic Growth
- Post-Secondary Education and/or vocational Goals
- Emphasis on Core Skills: Reading, writing, listening, speaking, and problem-solving
- Reflective of choices
A Achievement: Every student will be able to integrate reading, communication, and reasoning skills across the curriculum.
- Emphasis on Core Skills: Reading, writing, listening, speaking, and problem-solving.
- Awareness of individual learning modalities/styles
- Recognizing that each individual’s ideas have value
C Civility: Every student will acquire skills to improve the quality of life in their home, school, and community.
- Community involvement
- An awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversities of others
- Develop character traits to be a responsible member of society
K Knowledge: Every student will acquire skills to become successful problem solvers and life-long learners.
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Participate in personal enrichment activities including Visual and Performing Arts, Physical Education (organized sports/activities)
- Develop essential life skills.