We at Lloyd G. Cunningham Elementary School, a diverse community of motivated learners, supportive parents, inspiring teachers and educators, aim to empower all students to reach beyond their perceived potential to succeed and engage in their long term education by providing effective individualized instruction with increasingly demanding challenges in a safe, caring, and culturally diverse environment where all are respectful, responsible, positive contributors.
Our School Theme
Cunningham Elementary has a school-wide focus on agriculture science. The purpose is to improve student achievement by applying authentic, agricultural-based content as the context to teach core curriculum concepts in science, social studies, language arts and nutrition. Students will not only gain an awareness and understanding of agriculture but be introduced to the vast college and career opportunities that exist in the field of agriculture science.
Examples of agriculture science activities thus far this year:
- Connections to community agribusinesses via partnerships for classroom demonstrations and field trips
- “Farmers Market” during Back to School Night
- School garden
- Plant science dissection
- Ag in the Classroom hands-on assemblies and classroom presentations
- Math lessons using agriculture commodities
- Soil erosion experiments
- Charlie Cart- cooking with students
- School-wide Ag science learning stations created by Turlock FFA students
- Mobile Classroom Dairy Cow visit