Transitional Kindergarten (TK)/Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year has been scheduled for Turlock Unified School District. To be eligible for Kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021. To be eligible for TK, a child must turn five years old between September 2 and February 2, 2023. The following documents must be provided at the time of registration:
- Immunization Verification Records
- Original Birth Certificate, Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of Residence (e,g, current TID, PG&E bill or rental agreement)
- Photo I.D.
- Children presently attending preschool classes and who are eligible for TK/Kindergarten must also register.
ALL KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS MUST REGISTER AT THEIR DESIGNATED HOME SCHOOL ATTENDANCE AREA.
What is transitional kindergarten?
- TK provides children the gift of time to learn skills that will help them build a strong foundation for success in elementary school.
- California’s Kindergarten curriculum and standards have changed over the years, and many of the skills children were once taught in First Grade are now taught in Kindergarten.
- TK serves as a bridge between Preschool and Kindergarten giving children more time for hands-on, interactive learning.
- It gives children the opportunity to spend time learning important social, emotional and academic skills that will help them succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
- TK provides young learners with a high-quality early education at no cost to parents, to ensure that they have an opportunity to continue learning.
It helps children adjust to the school environment and develop strong learning skills.
- TK provides young five-year-olds with an opportunity to start their Kindergarten experience with children their own age, and with teachers that can tailor lesson plans to their needs.
For more information about TK, please contact your home elementary school site:
Brown (209) 634-7231
Crowell (209) 667-0885
Cunningham (209) 667-0794
Earl (209) 634-1090
Julien (209) 667-0891
Medeiros (209) 668-9600
Osborn TWI Academy (209) 667-0893
Wakefield (209) 667-0895
Note: All are PM classes.
TK Program Philosophy
The objective of the Turlock Unified Transitional Kindergarten program is to promote the acquisition of academic and life skills for all students utilizing developmentally appropriate instructional strategies and materials.
TK is taught by a credentialed teacher with early childhood expertise. TK is the first of a two-year Kindergarten experience. TK gives our youngest students a head start in instruction and provides them with an opportunity to learn and grow in an environment tailored to meet their academic and social needs. TK is a free program within the public school system.