The TUSD CTE program relies on the expertise of local business leaders to ensure our programs are aligned to current industry standards in order to prepare the students to be career-ready. CTE stakeholder meetings are held each year and are vital to the success of our CTE courses. Objectives of these meetings are as follows:
- Provide input into the CTE curriculum, equipment and classroom materials to ensure relevancy.
- Advise on industry certifications that can be obtained upon completion of CTE coursework.
- Provide opportunities for field trips, job-shadowing, internships and other work-based learning opportunities.
- Assist in determining skills needed for particular jobs at entry, technical, and professional levels so that the skills may be included in the instructional program.
- Provide technical assistance and inform the teacher of new developments in the CTE industry.
- Serve as classroom speaker to share information about your career.
- Assist in procuring opportunities to upgrade the technical skills and knowledge of the teacher.
We are always looking to form new partnerships with our local industry leaders! If you are interested in becoming a valued part of our CTE team, please contact the TUSD CTE Office at (209) 667-0632 Ext. 2509.