Tech Help Desk
Tech Help Desk
Have an immediate need? Contact our Help Desk! The Technology Services Help Desk Technicians can respond to a variety of technology needs and assist with remote troubleshooting. If they can't fix the issue, they will coordinate with a Technology Support Specialist in the field to resolve your issue in person.
Robert Martinez, Help Desk Technician
Emilia Solorzano, Help Desk Technician
8:30 AM-2:30 PM, Monday-Friday (During the regular school year)
How to Login to IncidentIQ
We have streamlined access to our new technology ticketing system to single sign-on with your TUSD account.
To maximize your experience, we recommend completing the Requestor Training Courses, located here: https://learn.incidentiq.com/all-courses/?2. These courses will teach you how to utilize the dashboard, submit, track, and respond to tickets.
- First, go to : https://tusd.incidentiq.com/
- Next, click on the blue Microsoft Azure button in the middle of the page.
- Then, sign in with your TUSD email account.
When do I call the Help Desk?
Immediate/urgent technology needs that are affecting multiple users or access to necessary documents. Examples include:
Minor fixes that aren’t urgent and you’ve tried to troubleshoot but haven’t quite figured out. If the Help Desk can’t address it they’ll elevate the issue and submit a Tech Desk request. Examples include:
Guidance for spam and potentially harmful emails
Creating new student network accounts/password changes on existing network accounts
- An entire computer lab goes out
- Your powerpoint suddenly disappeared
- My projector was doing just fine a minute ago and suddenly the connection is gone
- My printer hasn’t worked in a couple of days
- I’d like to print to the common printer in another room, but I can’t right now
- I can’t find a folder that I normally save things in. I don’t need it now, but it’s been bugging me
- I’m not sure how to log in to this Chromebook
- Installations on individual devices.
- Troubleshooting (e.g., when an error message pops up)
- Configuration (e.g., my view in Outlook is different than it was yesterday- how do I fix it?)
When do I put in a Tech Desk request?
New software requests
Installing new equipment on multiple devices or a lab
Assessment requests for older devices or devices that aren’t functioning well (we can see if it can be cleaned up, upgraded, or if it needs to be replaced)
Consultation requests for new purchases
Set up for meetings, workshops, PD events
Requests for moving equipment to new places
Requests for cabling, including damaged ports
Printer paper jams or printer errors on the computer screen
Recovering files/folders from backups
What information do I include in my requests?
*Please include the following information with requests to both the Help Desk and Tech Desk:
Without this information, there may be a delay in addressing your request.
- Site and room number
- Preferred time of assistance
- Specific details of request
What if there is an emergency?
If there is an emergency and the Help Desk is unavailable, please call the Technology Services main line at 664-1138.