Open Enrollment Information
All regular employees working four hours or more are eligible to enroll themselves and their eligible dependents in the health benefit programs. New employees must sign up for health insurance within 30 days of their date of hire to participate. Eligible dependents include lawful spouse or registered domestic partner, unmarried children, stepchildren and legally adopted children (certain age limits apply). For more information:
District Office, Room 214
(209) 667-0632 Ext. 2414
2020 Open Enrollment Information
Open Enrollment Period (September 9-October 4)
The TUSD Open Enrollment period is Monday, September 9 through Friday, October 4, 2019. All "benefit eligible" employees may do the following:
- Enroll in a health plan (for you and/or your dependents) if you are not currently enrolled;
- Change from one health plan to another (if you are a current
- Add or remove an eligible dependent(s) from your current health
Eligible dependents for medical insurance include:
- Current spouse or registered domestic partner
- Children (natural, adopted, domestic partner's or step) up to age 26
- Certified disabled dependent children of any age
- Children, up to age 26, if you have assumed a parent-child relationship and are considered the primary care parent. Various forms of documentation may be requested by CalPERS or your employer to certify this relationship.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to make any changes to your benefit plans, you do not need to do anything. Your current plan will automatically remain in effect. IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL, CHANGE PLANS OR ADD/REMOVE DEPENDENTS, YOU MUST DO SO DURING THE OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, THROUGH OCTOBER 4, 2019.
Plans and coverage changes are effective January 1, 2020. Please see 2020 Open Enrollment Benefit Selection Worksheet above for rates. If you wish to make changes to your medical, dental or vision insurance, you may contact the Payroll Office before October 5.