Each day we ask the employee's to be mindful of the energy they use. We ask all employee's to do the following each night:
- Turn off all computers, monitors, and printers.
- Turn off any other items like calculators, coffee pots, and classroom/office lights before you leave each day.
For longer holiday periods of time, we ask that employee's do the following before leaving for the holiday break, including:
- All computers in the classroom are shutdown
- All monitors are turned off
- All computer and interactive whiteboard speakers are turned off
- Printers are turned off
- Television and DVD players are turned off/unplugged
- All personal refrigerators are cleaned out, unplugged and propped open (place a tray under the freezer if ice build-up is present) *Remove personal food items rom staff lounge refrigerator. Custodians have been instructed to unplug refrigerators and throw out any food items.
- Other appliances (microwaves, coffee makers, etc.) are unplugged
- Electric hole punchers, staplers, and pencil sharpeners are unplugged
- All class pets must be taken home for the break (HVAC) will be programmed in the "off" mode)
- Miscellaneous electrical devices are unplugged. Also known as "vampire energy" these devices continuously draw electricity at all times. Examples: cell phone chargers, stereos, boom boxes, paper shredders, speakers, iPod chargers, video camera equipment and battery chargers, night light, and plug-in fragrance warmers.
- Lights are turned off at the switch (do not rely on the sensors)