The mission of the Turlock Unified School District, a premier progressive educational system, is to ensure all students graduate as self-motivated, responsible citizens equipped to compete successfully in an ever-changing global society by delivering effective instruction that engages all students to reach their individual potential and highest achievements within a safe and caring student-centered environment in partnership with our families and diverse community.
We believe that
- Every person is unique and has equal worth.
- Every person can be a successful learner.
- People are responsible for their actions.
- The family experience has a profound impact on the development of the individual.
- Honesty and integrity build trust in all relationships.
- Motivation, hard work, and persistence are necessary to achieve full potential.
- High expectations yield greater levels of performance.
- A quality education enriches lives by creating and expanding opportunities.
- The positive actions of role models inspire people to excel.
- Service to others is vital in building a thriving community.
- All students will demonstrate proficiency in all core academic subjects.
- Each student will set and achieve challenging personal goals tailored to his/her aspirations for post-secondary education and careers.
- All students will develop and consistently demonstrate character traits necessary to be self-motivated and responsible citizens in our community.
- By 2014, all students leaving high school will earn a diploma or successfully complete their Individualized Educational Plan (I.E.P.).